Friday, September 19, 2008

When will it end?

"...And a little child will lead them."
(Isaiah 11:6)

As if 20 years of war isn't enough, now involving three different countries the LRA strikes again. This breaks my heart so, so much.

After being in northern Uganda and spending time with children who have experienced the death of their parents and being child soldiers themselves, I can't imagine why this is still happening. I hate that life is taken for granted like a sick game...

I know that I don't have a complete grasp of their culture, but I still don't understand how children can have their innocence stolen and made to do things that most people would never dream of: killing (both partaking and watching), ravishing, raping, taking drugs, maiming. It's just so cruel...

And it's funny that both sides think that they are right, that they should win, but in all reality, everyone loses.







No comments:

Post a Comment