Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A little nudge...

Lately, I've had a really bad attitude. I'm just not feeling with it or feeling like what I do matters. I constantly toy with the idea of leaving youth ministry. Not that I would ever really be able to leave because relationships would still be there, but just leave the commitment aspect behind. I think about this a lot especially when I'm feeling really drained and overwhelmed, and without fail, God allows something to happen that makes me realize why I hang with these kids.

Today I was really feeling that way. I like to sit and contemplate and talk circles, but often times I don't have the chance to do so at least with other people. So while I was at the church today I talked with someone about what I've been feeling about my involvement with student ministries and just had rounds with them. It made me feel better, but still doubting.

Shortly after, I met with a young lady who had questions about baptism and her relationship with God, and I was so humbled by this conversation. I was able to help her workout her issues and she's decided to get baptized next month. I'm really excited for her and am touched that God would use me in this way. It's these little nudges from him that make me remember why I started getting involved and why these relationships are so important to me.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a caring person. Doing everything to help other and always making people feel good and comfortable to be with you!

    ReplyDelete