Monday, December 15, 2008

Embracing My Nerdiness

Who, when faced with a question about the 25th Amendment, runs to his or her room to pull from his or hers cluttered bookshelf a copy of the Constitution?

Me.

I do it. I mean, I would do it. I did it.

Last night on The West Wing (well really it was the last episode of season 4) the President was enacting the 25th Amendment. Tiffany and I were trying to remember what exactly the 25th Amendment said, so what did I do? I paused the DVD, ran back to my room and pulled out my very own copy of the United States' Constitution. It's complete with various editions of the Constitution, The Articles of Confederation, the Declaration of Independence and various court cases leading to extremely important changes to the US. Apparently this isn't a pretty normal thing to have on your bookshelf... But I have it.

Everyone has a little nerdiness in them, right? Some people love video games, others computer games. Many people geek out over Star Wars, technology or even the latest fashion and boots. I fall for nearly all things political-- and I like it. I don't let this out to just anyone. I mean if you know me well you know I have an opinion and I usually share it carelessly, but if you don't know me well I tend to stay quiet until an invite is secured. You have to really want it otherwise I won't waste a sentence on a conversation that will die quickly. I may not be good at organizing or rallying, but I can read, think and speak. When done properly, those three things are dangerous. I think I'm going to embrace this.

1 comment:

  1. See... aren't you glad that I didn't spoil anything for you? That episode is so intense! I bet you're even more glad that you don't have to wait to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete